As the structures of value and normative behavior in this age, wisdom and law are the powers that regulate existence for Gentile and Jew respectively. They are symbolic abbreviations of what the civilized and religious world considers its highest values. But neither can withstand the cross, which unmasks the folly of wisdom and the lawlessness of law.Walter Wink, Naming the Powers
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: Elijah and Elisha
- God's Own Heart: Token
- 2 Corinthians 5: The Love of Christ Compels Me
- The Story: Tempted
- A Theological Interpretation of Toy Story 4
- I Believe: Gospel
- I Believe: Already & Not Yet
- 2 Corinthians 9: Praise Be To God For His Indescribable Gift!
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.