- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Wisdom vs. Folly
- A Theological Interpretation of Toy Story 4
- 2022: Moving Forward
- The Story: Bitterness
- The Gospel According to Genesis: A God Who Makes Promises, Part 1
- MLB Franchise Four: Detroit Tigers and Cleveland Indians
- The Wonderful Cross: Christus Victor, Part 1
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.
Category Archives: Prayer
Sorry for the long delay between Psalm posts. I’ve been a little discouraged but now I’m back in the groove of writing again. Psalm 6 is a cry for healing amid the weight of grief and anguish. David begins this … Continue reading
Psalm 4 is traditionally understood as an evening Psalm, a prayer for bedtime. This is because of the powerful closing line, found in verse 8: In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make … Continue reading
Continuing a series of posts on the Psalms using the ESV but also Jon Goldingay’s “The First Testament.” The first thing I noticed was another reference to “murmuring” in v1 of Goldingay’s translation: Why have nations crowded together, and peoples … Continue reading
Turn to me and be gracious to me… Psalm 86:16 Let’s face it: we’re spending a lot of time with our loved ones in close quarters these days. I’ve found myself saying this repeatedly over the past few weeks — … Continue reading
So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. Romans 14:19 I had about 12 hours of “windshield time” yesterday as we drove home from Florida — lots of time to think. I started thinking about … Continue reading
The greatest thing anyone can do for God and man is pray. It is not the only thing, but it is the chief thing. The great people of earth are the people who pray. I do not mean those who … Continue reading