- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Don't Think Jesus: The Gospel according to Morgan Wallen
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- A Theological Interpretation of U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- I'm Not Sure I'm Ready For This
- Communion Funny
- The Story: The Power of the Empty Tomb
- The Story: Bitterness
- A Theological Interpretation of Toy Story 4
- Nancy Miles on Today Was a Good Day
- Nancy Miles on Israel Photos, Part 1
- Kim Davis on Israel Photos, Part 1
- Jones Stan on A Sign of the Times?
- Kim Davis on Thanksgiving 2022: A Heart Full of Gratitude
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.
Category Archives: Philosophy
Joshua Chatraw’s “Telling a Better Story”
I just finished reading an excellent book by Joshua D. Chatraw entitled, Telling a Better Story: How to Talk About God in a Skeptical Age. Chatraw is the executive director for the Center for Public Christianity and the theologian in … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Culture, Faith, God, Gospel, Philosophy, Theology Leave a comment
The Wonderful Cross: Christ Crucified, Part 2
We’ll begin our series in 1 Corinthians. Paul begins this letter to the Christians in Corinth by mentioning the name of Jesus ten times in the first ten verses. His introduction goes back and forth between referring to “Jesus Christ” … Continue reading
Posted in Culture, God, Gospel, Jesus, Philosophy, Preaching, Scripture, The Wonderful Cross, Theology Tagged 1 Corinthians 1, Alexamenos, Christ crucified, Justin Martyr Leave a comment
The Story We Live In
Two high-profile suicides last week have me in a reflective mood. According to the CDC, the suicide rate in the United States has risen nearly 30% since 1999. Like most people, I had no idea. Unsurprisingly, this seems to coincide with … Continue reading
Posted in Culture, Philosophy, Suicide Tagged After Virtue, Alasdair MacIntyre, Anthony Bourdain, Kate Spade, Suicide Leave a comment