- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- Don't Think Jesus: The Gospel according to Morgan Wallen
- I'm Not Sure I'm Ready For This
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- Communion Funny
- The Story: The Power of the Empty Tomb
- Hard Sayings: Luke 21:17
- Meat Loaf, Betty White, Bob Saget and Christian Communion
- The Story: Elijah and Elisha
- Nancy Miles on Today Was a Good Day
- Nancy Miles on Israel Photos, Part 1
- Kim Davis on Israel Photos, Part 1
- Jones Stan on A Sign of the Times?
- Kim Davis on Thanksgiving 2022: A Heart Full of Gratitude
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.
Tag Archives: Discipleship
Every Step An Arrival: Going Without Knowing
In his book The Pastor, Eugene Peterson cites a Denise Levertov poem that closes with this line: “every step an arrival.” Levertov uses the phrase as a description of her development as a poet but her words fire my imagination … Continue reading
Posted in Devotional, Discipleship, Faith, God, Jesus, Love First, Scripture, Theology Tagged Abraham, Barbara Kellerman, Denise Levertov, Discipleship, Eugene Peterson, Hebrews 11:8, Simon Peter Leave a comment
News reports broke last week of a young Indiana woman who was lying on the couch watching television when her boyfriend arrived home and surprised her by asking her to marry him. When she declined his proposal, he became so … Continue reading
Posted in Devotional, Discipleship, Gospel, Jesus, Kingdom Values, Scripture Tagged 2 Cor. 11, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Discipleship Leave a comment
The Sermon on the Mount 2
I began this series by stating my first presupposition when it comes to the Sermon on the Mount, which is that Jesus actually meant what He said. My second presupposition is somewhat broader in nature as it has to do … Continue reading
Posted in Gospel, Jesus, Scripture, Sermon on the Mount Tagged Discipleship, Hermeneutics, Nonviolence, Pacifism 9 Comments