- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Principles, Not Promises
- Every Step An Arrival: Going Without Knowing
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- Communion Funny
- The Story: A Victorious Limp
- The Story: Good Guy or Bad Guy?
- Family Road Trip 2014 Day 1
- The Gospel According to Genesis: When We Trust God, Part 2
- The Gospel According to Genesis: When We Trust God
- NFL Playoff Picks: Championship Games
- The Gospel According to Genesis: A God Who Makes Promises, Part 2
- Why You Should Read Your Bible
- The Gospel According to Genesis: A God Who Makes Promises, Part 1
- NFL Playoff Picks: Divisional Round
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.
Tag Archives: Abraham
In his book The Pastor, Eugene Peterson cites a Denise Levertov poem that closes with this line: “every step an arrival.” Levertov uses the phrase as a description of her development as a poet but her words fire my imagination … Continue reading
The story of akedah (Hebrew for “binding) is found in Genesis 22. After the birth of Isaac, the child of promise, we don’t expect this kind of postscript. It is a chilling episode, offensive to modern sensibilities, counter-intuitive on every … Continue reading