- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- I'm Not Sure I'm Ready For This
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Principles, Not Promises
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Wisdom vs. Folly
- The Story: Bitterness
- Communion Funny
- What Breaks Your Heart?
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- I Believe: Already & Not Yet
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.
Category Archives: Granddaddy
5 years ago, I had no idea what God was about to do. Sure, I knew we were about to go to the hospital and that we’d be welcoming our youngest child, a son, into the world. But I had … Continue reading
The next entry in my Another Man series was devoted to my paternal grandfather, William Bybee. I originally wrote about his influence here, but a year later Granddaddy passed away and I had the highest honor of my ministry career: … Continue reading
I sincerely appreciate all the thoughts and prayers so many of you have expressed in the days since my grandfather’s death. A few of you asked if I wouldn’t mind posting a copy of the eulogy here. There are a … Continue reading
Yesterday I received the call that my grandfather passed away. I wrote about his health a few weeks back; the final years of his life were difficult because of a variety of physical ailments. Although I’m certainly sad that he’s … Continue reading