- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- A Theological Reading of "In the Sanctuary of Outcasts": Coke bottles
- The Story: Elijah and Elisha
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Principles, Not Promises
- The Story: The Kinsman Redeemer
- The Story: Good Guy or Bad Guy?
- The Story: Deliverance
Category Archives: Leadership
A great quote from Brene Brown’s latest book on leadership, Dare to Lead.
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will … Continue reading
1 Kings 12 describes the reign of Rehoboam, who succeeds Solomon on the throne of Israel. But Rehoboam is immediately faced with an important decision: will he lighten the load of service Solomon heaped upon the people? With Jeroboam standing … Continue reading
A few years ago, my kids and I really got into the Star Wars movies. Of course, I was all over it. Over the course of several weeks, we plowed through all six movies and I had the chance to … Continue reading
Every year, I set a goal to read at least 52 books — one per week for an entire calendar year. 2011 marked the first year I’d ever completed that goal. This year, I fell a bit short. By the … Continue reading
Reading for Tuesday, August 21: 1 Timothy 3 In this chapter, Paul spells out qualifications for church leaders: elders and deacons. It’s interesting that Scripture lays out the qualifications for these men, but no qualifications for “ministers”, at least … Continue reading