1. My middle name is Al. That’s it. Just Al.
2. Yellow is my new favorite color. Ask Abby Kate to say it and you’ll see why.
3. I’m really quite introverted. I truly enjoy my alone time. These days, that’s pretty much limited to my time in the truck on the way to and from work.
4. If I weren’t a minister, I’d want to be a sports journalist. Or the Cardinals general manager.
5. I hate meatloaf.
6. I also hate chewing gum.
7. When I read a magazine, I start from the back and work my way forward. Don’t ask me why.
8. I’ve played in two fantasy NBA leagues in my life. I won the title both times.
9. When I was little, I created my own superhero: Rockman. His superpower was his ability to transform into a mammoth boulder at will. I know, pretty lame.
10. I can name the starter at any position for any major league baseball team.
11. My father wanted to name me Wesley Xavier. Seriously.
12. I have a fleck of orange in my right eye.
13. My best friend growing up was a Japanese girl named Yuki Shibahara. She moved back to Japan when I was ten. I wish I knew how to get in touch with her.
14. I played the role of Rolf in my high school production of the Sound of Music.
15. I’ve never lost a game of Scrabble.
16. I tried very hard to get Sunny to elope with me.
17. I grow a beard every November.
18. I slurp my cereal in the morning. Drives Sunny crazy.
19. I’ve never had a Starbucks.
20. I have a thing for Bibles. Leather bound, hard cover, wide margin, pocket size, paraphrase, inter-linear, study Bible, Serendipity Bible, Couples Devotional Bible, NIV, TNIV, NASB, NASB Update, ESV, KJV, NRSV, The Message…you name it, I own it.
21. My first car was a 1987 Oldsmobile Firenza.
22. The one movie that always makes me cry: Father of the Bride.
23. I have a collection of potted meats from around the globe.
24. As a child, I accidentally shot another kid in the leg with a BB gun.
25. I’m blessed. If you don’t believe me, see below.