Mommy M.I.A.

So today Sunny left for the beach (again). She’ll be going with some girls from our Sunday school class. She absolutely deserves a break. She gives so much of herself to our children. I hope these next few days will be a chance for her to recharge her batteries and develop deeper relationships with some of her friends from church.

But that leaves me here at the house with the kids all weekend. What was I thinking?

It’s supposed to be nap time right now.

Joshua is standing in his bed, jumping up and down and singing at the top of his lungs.

I’ve threatened to spank him, but I think he knows I’m bluffing.

I’m starting to think I might’ve bitten off more than I can chew.

I have no idea how I’m going to make it by myself with them during worship on Sunday.

HELP!
________________

Mommy M.I.A. Update

One child napped all afternoon.

One child never napped, jumped up and down in the bed and created the most foul-smelling diaper of all time.

Fed the kids a wholesome dinner of Pop Tarts, cheese & apple juice before going to my church softball game.

Arrived at the game and realized that — as the sun was going down — my children were grossly underdressed for the chilly wind blowing through the rec park.

After the game, had to drive across town back to church to retrieve my cell phone charger. Kids feasted on half a pack of raisins and pitched a fit when they were gone.

On the way home, Joshua said, “Daddy, are you happy?”
“Yes, son, I’m happy because I’m with you!”
“I’m happy, too, Daddy.”
My day had subsequently been made at that point.

Get home, unload van & let kids feed themselves out of huge bowl of Chex Mix on the living room floor. Bad idea. Chex Mix diaspora occurred.

Said our prayers, tucked in kids, Daddy eats dinner at approximately 9PM.

Man, I miss Sunny.

This entry was posted in Humor, Kids, Mommy M.I.A., Sunny. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Mommy M.I.A.

1. mike the eyeguy says:

What a sucker; I can’t believe you fell for that old “I need some time away from the kids” line.If I were you, I would just go ahead and jump up and down on the bed and sing at the top of my lungs too. Note to self: give Jason my copy of “Wild at Heart.”

I know, I know…I’m a sucker. Wasn’t Sunny just at the beach like last week?I’ve read Wild at Heart. Now I’m living it.

3. Jamey says:

If we were there, we would help with Sunday…no, wait..if we were there, I’d be at the beach with Sunny and Kenny would be in the same boat you are (minus a child)!Best of luck.

4. Tracy says:

That is so cool!

5. jon says:

If all else fails just let them run wild and do a massive clean up right before she gets back. For someone with a bad sense of smell that must have been one horrendous diaper.Don’t worry about worship Sunday that’s why they have Bible hour for dads with kids minus mom.Seriously though, don’t the mall trips by herself count for any “I need some time away from the kids” time.Huh, Sucker.

You know if the diaper was that bad, it had to be a raunchy one. It was kind of green, like it was radioactive or something.I thought about calling Sunny and telling her I was having fun at the mall with the kids. But she’d never believe it.

7. jon says:

Man your chances of sanity are disappearing faster than the cards 7 game lead. Ha Ha Ha, been waiting to use that since 5:30 this morning.

8. Kenny Simpson says:

Jason,Hang in there. If Jamey left me with Avery who knows what her diet would consist of.

Nice.If the Cards blow this thing (which looks more and more like it’ll happen), it will be a choke of historic proportions. We had an 8 and a half game lead 9 days ago. Now the ‘Stros are hard charging and all our hopes rest on Jeff Weaver tonight. Sigh.

10. Jamey says:

I know ACA Middle School volleyball is no match up for the Cardinals, but if we can blow a 24-19 lead (it only goes to 25), anything can happen.