We’re barely 26 hours into Operation: Outnumber Daddy. Here’s an update.
– Woke up this morning with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Probably has something to do with the fact that it was 48 degrees outside and we have no heat or air here at the house.
– Got Joshua out of his bed to find out he has a runny nose. Already been through 4 Kleenex with him.
– Let Abby Kate pick out a shirt to wear. She picked out a long sleeve shirt, wore it for an hour, then pitched a violent fit when she wanted to take it off. Let her pick another shirt out. At this rate, we’ll burn through her entire closet by dinner time.
– After getting the kids ready, I hopped in the shower. As I’m showering, Abby Kate proceeded to turn on the water in the bathtub and go through all of Mommy’s makeup paraphernalia while Joshua banged his basketball up against the shower door until I was done.
– The air conditioning dude came out to look at our unit. I come back inside after talking with him to find one of those tags that says “Under penalty of law, this Tag is not to be removed except by the consumer” lying on the kitchen floor. I have no idea where this came from.
– As I’m searching for any now-tagless items in our house, Joshua comes running up to me with a mouthful of batteries. He’s decided to dissect the VCR remote and devour it’s innards. Yes, I’m a proud father.
– Abby Kate continues to torture her brother by ripping the ball cap from his head and running away. She enjoys this way too much.
– As I type, the children are pulling Baby Tad from both ends. It’s like he’s being drawn and quartered. I’d use my “cut the toy in half” joke if they understood it.
We’re now going to take a walk. Desperately need to get out of the house. Sunny deserves a raise.