Steven Wright-isms

Steven Wright is the funniest man alive, in my opinion. I came across a copy of his I Have A Pony CD a few years back. Absolutely the funniest thing I’ve ever heard. I found this collection of some of his Wright-isms. Click here to check ’em out. My personal favorites:

• The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
  • A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I’m afraid of widths.
  • I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.
    So I said, “Got any shoes you’re not using?”

Good stuff.

This entry was posted in Humor. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Steven Wright-isms

1. Sunny says:

Your sense of humor cracks me up! I love seeing you laugh at stuff that you find funny!

2. Fran says:

Thanks for the link – Steven Wright has always been one of my fave comics – he puts me on the floor!!!

Fran,If you don’t have I Have A Pony, you should get a copy. It’s his best material, in my opinion.Sunny,That’s why you love me!

4. Stacy says:

Funny stuff…

5. Stacy says:

Went to the link…maybe if I had a WEEK I could read them all…Sooooo many!!! 🙂 I liked this one…We came up to the hosp. several times to see Jackson and Sunny, and Lawson LOVED the elevators!!! Even now, when we throw “Baby Jackson” into his list of “Thank you for’s…” He still says in his rambly little voice, “and thank you for baby Jackson and thank you for the ewevators” Funny.When I was little, my grandfather used to make me stand in a closet for five minutes without moving. He said it was elevator practice. — Steven Wright

6. matt w. says:

Classic. I wonder if he tours or anything? I’d love to go see a show of his.

7. Sunny says:

I don’t know if he tours or not. If he does, surely he comes to Atlanta. I’ll see what I can find out.

That last comment was supposed to be from me.

9. greg says:

You just missed him in Nashville.There’s always this.

Yeah, I saw “Leaves”. It was pretty good. But “Pony” is classic.