A Week’s Worth Condensed Into One Post

I should probably go ahead and let you know that things will probably be pretty boring here at Already & Not Yet this week. I’m planning on taking some vacation time and it’s doubtful that the blog will receive much attention from yours truly.

While I’m away, here are a few things for you:

• Can anyone explain to me why my daughter pronounces the word “coupon” the way she does? Instead of “coo-pon”, she says “q-pon”, like “Q-Tip”. It’s really cute.
  • I was able to catch the movie Expelled the other day with my buddy Lane. You may not have heard much about it; it’s a documentary that attempts to make public the plight of many scientists who are ostracized by the academy for their views re: intelligent design. I’ll admit: the whole creationism vs. evolution debate just isn’t my thing, but I found the film to be informative and even entertaining. I certainly benefited from watching it. Check it out if you can and let me know what you think.
  • If you’ve read The Irresistible Revolution and you’re wanting to read Jesus for President, I think you’ll be a little disappointed. (It reads kinda like a history book.) I know that’s sacrilege to many, but that’s my opinion.
  • I’m no prophet (and my father was a coffee salesman), but I’m predicting this is the week we finally bid adieu to Syesha on AI. I’m still saying it’s a David vs. David finale.
  • Speaking of television, this week’s episode of LOST is entitled, “Cabin Fever”. I’m stoked that we get to find out more about Jacob.
  • Don’t look now, but a certain person’s favorite team just followed up its winningest April ever by taking 2 of 3 against the “lovable losers” from Chicago. I’m just sayin’.
  • Here’s your Hebrew proverb for the week: Money is like horse manure. If you try and pile it up, it stinks; but if you choose to spread it around, it helps bring life.
  • Several people have asked me how graduation went. It was really great (for pics, check out Sunny’s blog) and I’m thankful to have so many encouraging voices in my life. Now I’m looking forward to having more time to tackle some of the jobs around the house I’ve neglected for a while. Yard work, here I come!

The next time you see me, I hope to be well rested and tanned. See ya next week.

This entry was posted in Baseball, Books, Grad School, Kids, Movies, Music, St. Louis Cardinals, Sunny, Television. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to A Week’s Worth Condensed Into One Post

1. Stacy says:

Hope the trip is great! BTW…Abby Kate is just trying to teach you the right way to say it! That’s the way I’ve said it my whole life…

2. Greg says:

re: Claiborne’s book. You’ll only be disappointed if you’re expecting …Revolution II. I’ve enjoyed it a lot so far, and am not yet disappointed.

What if you didn’t like the first Claiborne book?Syesha does go home, Paula Abdul already told me in a slip up.I’ve got to come to Huntsville three times this week, and you won’t even be there.And I’ve got some interesting news to share with you too.By the way, have a good trip. We’ll try to wait and have the baby when you get back.

That’s funny, because me and my whole family pronounce it “Q-pon.” Way to go Abby Kate!

dictionary.com has pronunciation as koo-pon, kyooSo apparently, either is correct

6. THE MORROW FAMILY says:

Congrats on graduating! We’re proud of you, Jason, and proud of Sunny for surviving those times alone. 🙂 Hope ya’ll have a great trip together!

Stacy,Q-pons? Really? Does this have anything to do with your Q-Tip fetish? Ahh, now the pieces are all falling into place…Greg,It’s not that I expected Revolution II, but I did expect a fresh contribution to the discussion. I felt that everything there was pretty much a rehashing of Wallis, Boyd, Campolo, etc. Lane, We’re back in town, so tell Kristen the baby can come any day now. :)Dylan,We can debate the relative merits of either pronunciation in a few days when you’re back in town. LOST finale at my place again. Go ahead and book it.