Well, that didn’t take long.
I changed my blog template early in the week (something I do every couple of years) and PRESTO…I’ve received the Stylish Blogger Award. (This award actually has less to do with my template and more to do with my sister, Tara. But just play along.)
As I mentioned in a recent post, my sister has a great cooking website, TaraCooks. Tara was recently awarded with a Stylish Blogger Award by some of her friends and fellow bloggers. Here are the rules:
Make a post & link back to the person who awarded you this award.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Award your favorite recently discovered great bloggers.
7 things about myself? Hmmm.
- My sense of smell is virtually non-existent. Seriously. I can’t smell a thing. But during our diaper changing days, I considered this less a shortcoming and more a superpower. I may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but I’m impervious to even the most gaseous, overflowing diaper. (There’s a story I could tell about this one time Joshua ate prunes. But I digress.)
- I have a tendency to become rabidly obsessed with certain things. Like baseball. And music. And the Bible. And LOST. And reading. And lots of other things, as you well know from reading this blog.
- I have autographed photos of former St. Louis Cardinals manager Whitey Herzog as well as Clayton Moore, TV’s “The Lone Ranger”. I know. You’re jealous, aren’t you?
- I have a life-size cut out of Yoda hanging on the wall in my garage. I know. I’m a dork, aren’t I?
- Thanks to my college roommate, I’ve seen every episode of Beverly Hills 90210. I know. I’m a woman, aren’t I?
- I’m on a quest to see a ballgame at all 30 major league stadiums. I’m up to 17 current stadiums, with 7 “defunct” ballparks also on the ledger. That puts me at 24 stadiums total. Check out my Ballparks page to see my ranking of each one.
- I’ve never seen the ending of E.T. I’m assuming he makes it home, but don’t ruin it for me.
While these aren’t necessarily “recently discovered” bloggers, these are four blogs that you need to check out:
- I have to mention Sunny’s blog first. After a brief hiatus, she’s back blogging with a vengeance, writing about all the misadventures of Casa de Bybee.
- Brooke Busby Photography – Brooke has been blogging for a couple of years but she recently started her own website to highlight her new photography business. You really should check out her work; she has an eye for capturing the innocence and joy in a child’s face.
- Our good friends Jon and Stacy are leaving later this year for a 5 year mission in Honduras. But before they leave for good, they’ll be spending most of February there searching for housing and laying the groundwork for their arrival in the fall. You can read all about their adventure at Greatly Commissioned. They have chronicled their experiences that have led them to this moment. I’d encourage you to stop by and read all about it; to pray for Jon & Stacy as they get ready to leave; and, if you wanna get really involved in this work, agree to support them financially. Even $50 worth of support per month will help make this dream a reality for them. Get in contact with me if you’d like to help, even if it’s just a one-time donation.
- My friend Brett is a missionary in Geita. He writes a great deal, all of it thoughtful and thought-provoking. What I appreciate about Brett is that his writing holds my feet to the fire here “in the States” where our view of Kingdom can become fairly skewed and Westernized if we’re not careful.