The Christian gospel is not merely that Jesus died and rose again; and not merely that these events appease God’s wrath, forgive sin, and justify sinners; and not merely that this redemption gets us out of hell and into heaven; but that they bring us to the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ as our supreme, all-satisfying, and everlasting treasure. ‘Christ … suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God’ (1 Pet. 3:18) — John Piper, God is the Gospel
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- The Lion of Judah
- A New Day: Comfort in God's Character, Part 3
- The Story: Bitterness
- He Will Be Their Peace
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- A New Day: You Shall Go Out in Joy, Part 1
- Shanon's House of Compassion
- The Story: The Power of the Empty Tomb
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.