The Christian gospel is not merely that Jesus died and rose again; and not merely that these events appease God’s wrath, forgive sin, and justify sinners; and not merely that this redemption gets us out of hell and into heaven; but that they bring us to the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ as our supreme, all-satisfying, and everlasting treasure. ‘Christ … suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God’ (1 Pet. 3:18) — John Piper, God is the Gospel
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- On Partisanship
- The Story: Good Guy or Bad Guy?
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- God Has Been Gracious
- 2 Corinthians 5: The Love of Christ Compels Me
- 2 Corinthians 9: Praise Be To God For His Indescribable Gift!
- The Story: Bitterness
- An Interesting Take on the Lauren Daigle Controversy
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.