The Christian gospel is not merely that Jesus died and rose again; and not merely that these events appease God’s wrath, forgive sin, and justify sinners; and not merely that this redemption gets us out of hell and into heaven; but that they bring us to the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ as our supreme, all-satisfying, and everlasting treasure. ‘Christ … suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God’ (1 Pet. 3:18) — John Piper, God is the Gospel
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- My Beautiful Daughter
- God's Own Heart: Token
- Newness of Life
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: Good Guy or Bad Guy?
- The Story: Elijah and Elisha
- I Believe: Imago Dei
- The Story: And the Rains Came Down