As the structures of value and normative behavior in this age, wisdom and law are the powers that regulate existence for Gentile and Jew respectively. They are symbolic abbreviations of what the civilized and religious world considers its highest values. But neither can withstand the cross, which unmasks the folly of wisdom and the lawlessness of law.Walter Wink, Naming the Powers
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Wisdom vs. Folly
- That's What I See
- The Story: Bitterness
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Principles, Not Promises
- I'm Not Sure I'm Ready For This
- God's Own Heart: Token
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- What Breaks Your Heart?
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.