As the structures of value and normative behavior in this age, wisdom and law are the powers that regulate existence for Gentile and Jew respectively. They are symbolic abbreviations of what the civilized and religious world considers its highest values. But neither can withstand the cross, which unmasks the folly of wisdom and the lawlessness of law.Walter Wink, Naming the Powers
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- The Shrewd Manager - Luke 16:1-9
- The Gospel According to Genesis: A God Who Makes Promises, Part 1
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Wisdom vs. Folly
- The Lion of Judah
- Book Review: The Naked Gospel
- 2 Corinthians 5: The Love of Christ Compels Me
- God's Own Heart: Token
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.