During worship yesterday morning, we heard from Art Leslie, the minister at the Inner City church here in Huntsville. I appreciate Art and his wife Cynthia and their ministry to our community. It’s hard to believe that less than 3 miles from where I’m sitting right now there are families who are struggling to meet their basic needs: food, clothing, shelter, health care, etc. Yesterday was an effort to heighten awareness of the context in which Art and Cynthia operate. Larry James blogged about this recently, writing about how affluent churches can help support ministries in the inner city. My prayer today is that we can continue to live out of Matthew 25 to meet the physical and spiritual needs of “the least of these” in Huntsville. The way I see it, it’s not a matter of choice; it’s a matter of discipleship.
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Principles, Not Promises
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- A Theological Interpretation of Toy Story 4
- The Power of Words
- An Interesting Take on the Lauren Daigle Controversy
- 2 Corinthians 5: The Love of Christ Compels Me