He deserves to be called a theologian…who comprehends the visible and manifest things of God, seen through suffering and the cross. The “back” and visible things of God are placed in opposition to the invisible, namely, his human nature, weakness, and foolishness….Now it is not sufficient for anyone, and it does him no good to recognize God in his glory and majesty, unless he recognizes him in the humility and shame of the cross….For this reason true theology and recognition of God are in the crucified Christ….He who does not know Christ does not know God hidden in suffering….God can be found only in suffering and the cross.
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- The Story: The Trials of a King
- The Story: Elijah and Elisha
- The Power of Words
- God's Own Heart: Token
- The Story: Good Guy or Bad Guy?
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- I Believe: Already & Not Yet
- The Story: Deborah and Jael
- 2 Corinthians 5: The Love of Christ Compels Me