He deserves to be called a theologian…who comprehends the visible and manifest things of God, seen through suffering and the cross. The “back” and visible things of God are placed in opposition to the invisible, namely, his human nature, weakness, and foolishness….Now it is not sufficient for anyone, and it does him no good to recognize God in his glory and majesty, unless he recognizes him in the humility and shame of the cross….For this reason true theology and recognition of God are in the crucified Christ….He who does not know Christ does not know God hidden in suffering….God can be found only in suffering and the cross.
- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- The Story: Bitterness
- Thoughts on Proverbs: Principles, Not Promises
- Psalm 10: Break the Arm of the Evildoer
- The Story: Elijah and Elisha
- The Gospel According to Genesis: A God Who Makes Promises, Part 1
- 2 Corinthians 5: The Love of Christ Compels Me
- The Gospel According to Genesis: When We Laugh, Part 2
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.