Lost Puns and Maybe We Owe Jackson an Apology

I’m about ready to take a hammer to our DVR. 15 minutes into tonight’s episode of LOST, this cryptic message pops up on the screen: “Due to a loss of signal, a portion of your recording has been lost”.

“No pun intended,” Sunny said, smiling.

I, on the other hand, was in no mood to find the humor in the situation.

Here’s the really frustrating part: American Idol was recording at the same time on our dual tuner. Not a problem at all. Recorded all 60 minutes of the episode. Every Paula-Abdul-lip-synching minute of it. It’s just frustrating that the DVR records every second of a show that’s 58 minutes of filler but it whiffs on the one show I legitimately care about. UGH!

What’s really weird is that the background screen when the “Due to loss of signal” screen popped up was the On Demand order screen verifying that we had ordered the latest pay-per-view WWE wrestling event. The really weird part: it was all in Spanish.

Now that I think about it, it’s been a while since you know who decided to pay us a visit. Perhaps this helps explain this weird happening, though. Now I guess I know what Casper is doing while he drinks: he’s watching pay-per-view Mexican wrestling on my couch.

Look, can’t I just pick up a copy of this and we’ll call it even, OK?

Heaven help us if Casper and our DVR have teamed up against us.

Hey, wait a minute: what if this wasn’t the work of Jackson after all? What if the little guy is just a patsy for the work of a nefarious little ghoul instead? Maybe we owe Jackson an apology…

Hmm…there’s some strange goings on here at the Bybee house.

This entry was posted in Casper, Humor, Kids, Random, Television. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Lost Puns and Maybe We Owe Jackson an Apology

1. Stacy says:

Sounds like the only show your DVR routinely misses is the one you want to watch! Do we need to put that show on our DVR every week just in case yours poops out? 🙂

So you missed the Lost episode where Jack got shot?Just kidding.It was Kate that got shot.

3. Anonymous says:

If it makes you feel any better, we’ve decided that we have a hobo named Charlie living up-stairs in our house.Ashleigh

4. lyla says:

so disappointed–i was dying to read what you had to say about it. as for your ghost…very scary to me. i am a believer–i’ve seen one before.

Stacy,You may need to put all of our shows on your DVR since I’m about to unleash the wrath of God on ours.OK, so maybe not the wrath of God…but the wrath of Jason who really only cares about LOST!I’ll see if I can watch it online during lunch. LOST post will be forthcoming.

Seriously, I thought it was an excellent episode, but it brought up several questions in my mind. It was not nearly as filling as the previous couple of episodes.

7. Nomad says:

the ironic thing about lip-syncing is that popular media outlets do it all the time, but it never seems to fool anyone

Yours truly sure wasn’t fooled. Thanks for stopping by Nomad.