- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- A Theological Interpretation of U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
- Don't Think Jesus: The Gospel according to Morgan Wallen
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- The Story: The Power of the Empty Tomb
- The Story: Bitterness
- The Wonderful Cross: The Passover Lamb, Part 1
- I'm Not Sure I'm Ready For This
- Communion Funny
- A Theological Interpretation of Toy Story 4
- Nancy Miles on Today Was a Good Day
- Nancy Miles on Israel Photos, Part 1
- Kim Davis on Israel Photos, Part 1
- Jones Stan on A Sign of the Times?
- Kim Davis on Thanksgiving 2022: A Heart Full of Gratitude
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.
Tag Archives: R.E.M.
Album of the Year, 1990-2019
Back in the summer, I posted about my favorite album each year going all the way back to my teen years. It was a fun little exercise and it helped take my mind off the fact that we couldn’t do … Continue reading
Posted in Blogging, Music Tagged Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Chris Stapleton, Coldplay, Counting Crows, David Crowder Band, David Gray, Dwight Yoakam, Explosions in the Sky, Hootie and the Blowfish, Jack White, Jason Isbell, Johnny Cash, Josh Ritter, Khruangbin, Mercury Rev, Mumford & Sons, Oasis, R.E.M., Radiohead, Sigur Ros, The Avett Brothers, The Gabe Dixon Band, The Wallflowers, The War on Drugs Leave a comment
My Best Albums List: 1987-2019
The past few months of quarantine have been challenging for many people in this country. My heart hurts for those who have lost loved ones to the coronavirus (over 110,000 as of this writing — with 21 states reporting an … Continue reading
Posted in Blogging, Music Tagged Arcade Fire, Billy Joel, Bon Iver, Chris Stapleton, Counting Crows, David Crowder Band, Dwight Yoakam, Explosions in the Sky, Gabe Dixon, Garth Brooks, Hootie and the Blowfish, Jason Isbell, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Johnny Cash, Josh Ritter, Khruangbin, Mercury Rev, Mumford & Sons, Oasis, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Radiohead, Sigur Ros, The Avett Brothers, The National, The Strokes, The Wallflowers, The War on Drugs, U2, Wilco Leave a comment
Best Songs of 2011
Since I wrote extensively on many of these songs in my Best Albums review, I’ll keep the commentary to a minimum here. Here are my 50 favorite songs of 2011: Helplessness Blues, Fleet Foxes. I think this song taps into … Continue reading
Posted in Music Tagged Best Songs of 2011, Bon Iver, Brett Dennen, Chris Thile & Michael Daves, Coldplay, Dawes, Eddie Vedder, Fleet Foxes, Foo Fighters, Foster the People, Fruit Bats, Gabe Dixon, Generationals, Iron & Wine, Jack and White, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, M83, R.E.M., Radiohead, Raphael Saadiq, Ryan Adams, Steve Martin, The Apache Relay, The Civil Wars, The Decemberists, The Head and the Heart, The National, The Strokes, Tony Lucca, Vetiver, Wilco 2 Comments