- Follow already & not yet on WordPress.com
Search Already & Not Yet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Parenting: The Swimming Pool Metaphor
- The Story: The Threshing Floor
- A Theological Interpretation of U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
- A Theological Interpretation of The Greatest Showman: "From Now On"
- Reading List for Critical Theory, Identity Politics and Social Justice
- The Gospel According to Genesis: A God Who Makes Promises, Part 1
- The Story: Behind Every Good Man
- The Story: The Kinsman Redeemer
- The Boot
- God's Own Heart: Token
Preach the Gospel, die, and be forgotten.
Tag Archives: The Strokes
Years from now, we’ll remember 2020 as the year of pandemic and quarantine and social distancing. We’ll remember 2020 as the year of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery. We’ll remember 2020 as the tipping point in our … Continue reading
In some ways, it’s hard to believe that we’re already past the halfway mark of the year. But then again, in other ways, it seems like 2020 is the year that will never end. In the absence of sports, concerts, … Continue reading
The past few months of quarantine have been challenging for many people in this country. My heart hurts for those who have lost loved ones to the coronavirus (over 110,000 as of this writing — with 21 states reporting an … Continue reading
When I first wrote about my favorite music of the 00s ten years ago, I had determined that my three favorite albums of the decade were: A Collision by David Crowder Band No Line on the Horizon by U2 Emotionalism … Continue reading
Since I wrote extensively on many of these songs in my Best Albums review, I’ll keep the commentary to a minimum here. Here are my 50 favorite songs of 2011: Helplessness Blues, Fleet Foxes. I think this song taps into … Continue reading
Time for my annual music list. Unlike my book list, I limit myself to albums released only in the past 12 months. I say “best albums” but it’s more accurate to just call this my list of favorite albums. But … Continue reading
We’re at the midway point of the year, so it’s time for a quick review of the year in music thus far. The past two years have been chock full of great releases by some of my favorite artists: U2, … Continue reading